The Hirsch Blacksmith
The blacksmith shop was built on Main and Hutton St in Northville by Mr. Hirsch, a Northville resident who moved from New York in the 1860s. Unfortunately, the shop was demolished in 1930. Mill Race decided to rebuild this replica of the shop in 1983. The shop contains a working forge, where in the summer on Sundays local blackmiths demonstrate smithing. The other side of the building holds a museum with an exhibit about Northville in the 1800s.