Wash Oak Schoolhouse
The Wash Oak Schoolhouse was built in 1840 in Salem Township. Unfortunately, only 30 years after the school opened, it burned down. This was the only school in the Salem area, so it was quickly rebuilt. This school taught students from 3rd through 12th grade, and spanned across Washtenaw and Oakland Counties. The school remained open and active until 1966. The school was donated to the Northville Historical Society, and moved to Mill Race Village in 1975.